A Multiverse of Tone
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect pedal capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for staccato leads, swelling chords, and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to the sound of ripping it up in the Grand Canyon!
Think of UltraTap as the mother of all Echoplexes and you won’t be too far off. That’s basically how it operates but with the flexibility to add as many ‘tape heads’ as you want and expressively control their positions and levels.
UltraTap's controls make possible new and unexpected effects. The controls that you would expect in a multi-tap delay pedal—Number of Taps, Delay and Feedback—are just the basics. Controls for Spread, Slurm, and Chop open up a new world of possibilities.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software.
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels of guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interface.
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB.
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill dry.
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings, and creating/saving presets.
UltraTap Effect Controls
TAPS selects up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
SLURM - An exclusive and innovative control that smears/slurs taps together to create truly unique reverbs and choruses.
FEEDBACK unlocks further tone shaping capability.
CHOP and SPD/RISE/REL combine to allow unusual and expressive modulation of the taps based on LFO shapes or the audio's envelope.
SPREAD controls the 'distance' between' taps. With the knob centered, the taps are equally spaced, turn clockwise and the later taps are bunched together, counterclockwise and the early taps are bunched together. Use this control to dial in the perfect rhythmic space between taps.
TAP Footswitch allows you to set the tempo of the taps.
History of UltraTap
The dot9 UltraTap is the result of forty years of development that began in 1981 with Eventide’s Digiplex and MultiTap Delay algorithms for its legendary SP2016 Effects Processor, evolved to become the H3000’s UltraTap and culminating in the advanced UltraTap available as both a plugin and H9 algorithm. The new UltraTap pedal further builds on this legendary effect offering the ability to add as many virtual tape heads as desired along with the ability to expressively control head position and output level enabling new and unprecedented effects.
||1/4" TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
||1/4" TS Mono / Mono Output
||1/4" TS Mono / Stereo Output
||1/4" TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
||Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
|Guitar/Line Level Switch
||Optimizes internal gain structure
||Software updates, MIDI I/O
|DC Input Jack
||5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)