A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. Unfortunately, many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The “Super clean” designs of today often leave the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it.
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will most definitely love the WA12-500 MKII. The WA12-500 MKII is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12-500 MKII.
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE INPUT AND OUTPUT USA CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS.
- FULLY DISCRETE DESIGN WITH A ROBUST 71DB OF GAIN.
- UTILIZES A DISCRETE 6-PIN SOCKETED 1731 STYLE OPAMP. CAN BE REPLACED WITH OTHER 6-PIN "2520 FOOT-PRINT" OPAMPS FOR VARYING TONE/FLAVOR.
- 20DB PAD.
- EXTERNAL 24V AC POWER PLUG.
- TONE BUTTON – SWITCHES THE INPUT IMPEDANCE FROM 600 OHMS TO 150 OHMS. CHANGES THE TONE OF BOTH THE MIC AND HI-Z INPUTS.
- MIC LEVEL BALANCED INPUT: XLR.
- BALANCED OUTPUTS: XLR AND 1/4″/TRS.
- 48 VOLT PHANTOM POWER.
- LED METER GAIN INDICATION.
- 2 MEG OHM TRUE HI-Z INPUT ON FRONT PANEL. SENDS INSTRUMENT SIGNAL THROUGH ENTIRE CIRCUIT INCLUDING BOTH CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS AND DISCRETE OPAMP. GREAT FOR GUITARS, BASS, KEYBOARDS AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS THAT HAVE A 1/4″ OUTPUT JACK.
- OUTPUT ATTENUATION CONTROL (AFTER THE CINEMAG OUTPUT TRANSFORMER) ALLOWS FOR DRIVING THE PREAMP AND TRANSFORMERS INTO SATURATION.