Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1) Payment Methods for domestic customers include credit card, PayPal, bank wire (swift) and cash (in-store only). International customers can pay via bank wire transfer or PayPal (at our digression).
2) ? - We use UPS ground for domestic instruments and either UPS or USPS for effects, smaller items and international customers. We will require a signature for most deliveries. We're experienced shippers and have shipped thousands of guitars world wide. All instruments are carefully packed to insure safe arrival.
3) ? - Yes we do, send us your want list, we will let you know when we locate the instrument you are interested in.
4) - We're constantly buying guitars, amps and effects. We have new stock weekly. Keep in mind rarer guitars aren't located as often as a more common instruments. The best thing to do is to give us a call to see what we currently have and if we don't have what you're looking for have us add your info to our want list.
5) ! - If you want more information on a specific guitar just drop us an email or give us a call. We generally shoot a full set of photos and only place a few photos on our web site. If you are interested in a particular guitar or bass let us know and we can provide photos and additional information as well as provide an in-hand description of the guitar or bass.
6) ? - We offer 48-hour approval on vintage and used instruments. The approval period starts up on delivery.
- Costs vary depending on the nature of the repair. We offer free estimates, please call our shop and set up a time to bring your guitar or bass in for a free estimate. You can call our shop at 773-878-8617.
8) - Illinois residents and customers purchasing from our retail store will be charged sales tax. Illinois dealers who purchase guitars for resale and non-profit customers who supply a valid tax ID will not be charged sales tax.
9) - Destinations outside the U.S. may have import duties, VAT taxes or other country specific taxes. We do not include these taxes in our prices. It is the buyer's responsibility to pay these taxes.
10) - We're always buying good used guitars. We will need to take a look at your vintage guitar before we can make an offer on it. You can bring it by our store, send us photos and in some cases we will drive or fly to your location. The first thing to do is to give or drop us an email to discuss your vintage or used guitar or amp. We will offer you a fair price and a smooth transaction if it's an instrument we're interested in. Please keep in mind we want clean original guitars and amps as we need to be able to resell your gear. In most cases we will beat the local guitar chain store, pawn shop or estate sale price. Have a collection, give us a shout !
11) for online, phone and in-store purchases. Please call us if you have any questions.
12) We are open M - W - F Noon to 6 PM CST , Tu - Th Noon to 7 PM CST and Saturdays Noon to 5 PM CST.
We do not store any credit card information on this site, all credit card transactions are sent through a secure credit card processor. We do collect email and phone information from customers as well as people who opt to sign up for our newsletters. We may send information from time to time to our customer and newsletter lists however we will not sell or authorize the release of these names to any person or organization. You may ask to be removed from our lists at any time and all newsletters will have an opt out option.
We generally charge $50 for domestic guitar shipping and $199 for most international destinations. Australia and some other locations may be higher. Amp shipping varies by size and weight. Please call or email us for more details on specific international rates. Drum and Synth shipping will also vary by destination. Please contact us for a price quote.
Repair times vary depending on the nature of the repair. Most repairs generally take a week while guitar setups can be done faster, sometimes the same day. It's probably best to call the Guitar repair shop to get an estimate.
Please call 773-878-8617 or drop us an email.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 773-878-8616